Why you should work for Applied Textiles:
- Great benefits package that includes medical coverage, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, PTO and holidays
- Room for Advancement –The Applied Company culture is about engaging high performance work teams
- Fun company-wide events including service awards, cookouts and more
Visit www.applied-textiles.com to learn more about our company.
The primary role of the Cutter 1 is to assist in the cutting functions for Exact Yardage, Slitting and Cut to Pattern including other job assignments delegated.
- Performs the load function to apply assigned rolls to be cut
- Performs the unload function to adjust cut quantity from roll
- Identifies if a reverse pattern cut is required
- Tags cut roll for proper identification
- Tags remaining rolls for proper identification
- Re-measures remaining rolls for quantity verification
- References order sheet to build Kanban inventory
- Loads Master Roll
- Adjusts and sets slitting knives for proper roll width
- Cuts Master Roll
- Fills out daily production sheet and submits to Operations Manager
Cut to Pattern
- Performs the load and unload function to apply assigned rolls to be cut.
- Performs the fabric lay-up and prep requirements
- Sorts and checks cut swatches for 1st Quality (dimension and pinking condition)
- Operates Hilo equipment to move cut-to size in process rolls and cut parts to designated staging areas
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- End of Day Process for maintenance and next day set up
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and processes in verbal and written form.
- Capacity of using a computer and learning system
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The work is both physically and mentally demanding. This employee is expected to be on their feet much of the time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, smell, and hearing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to warehouse equipment, dust, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.