For alta™ treated fabrics
Quick Spill Cleanup Demonstration
3 Hour Spill Cleanup Demonstration
for liquids beading up:
• Gently blot (don’t rub) a spill immediately with a dry, clean, absorbent cloth, paper towel, or napkin.
• No rinsing needed!
for any residual spots remaining:
• Remove any excess soil or debris from the surface. Flush soiled area liberally with warm water then blot with a dry, clean, absorbent cloth.
• Change towel surface frequently until the spot is gone. Try to avoid brushing which can spread the stain; keep repeating the process until the spot has been removed.
• Repeat by rinsing with warm water and then blot with a clean, dry cloth if needed.
• A warm water extraction machine is an excellent tool to clean soiled fabrics. Please follow the instructions on the machine for use.
• Steam cleaning can damage the fiber of the fabric and is not recommended.
for difficult or stubborn stains:
• Follow steps 1 & 2 first, then using 2-3 drops of a mild dishwashing detergent with a cup of water – apply to the stained area.
• Gently work the solution into the area, wait a minute, and blot the spot with a clean, dry, absorbent cloth. Repeat until the spot has been completely removed.
• After cleaning, be sure to rinse thoroughly with warm water and blot to remove any soap residue.
• Any remaining soap not rinsed away in the fabric can cause a reoccurring stain.
• Still have a problem? Call the experts at Applied Textiles for help with any textile cleaning challenge.
• alta™ is successful in cool and warm temperatures. Extremely hot temperatures can be harmful to the fabric.
• Do not use harsh detergents or solvents
• Do not use fabric softeners
• Do not use cleaners containing oxidizers
• Let air dry or tumble dry at a low-temperature setting
• Ironing may be used if necessary
approved cleaning agents
alta™ has been tested against 40-50 different cleaners that fall into the three categories of cleaning chemicals used in medical facilities (Peroxides, Bleach, and Quaternary cleaners). alta™ has been resistant to all these cleaners and effective. We also have a remarkable record of no field failures in these facilities. alta™ is durable to the below cleaners.
|Virox RTU Wipes
|Cavi wipes XL
|Virex II 256
|Oxycide (Eco lab)
|Oasis 146 ( Eco lab)
|TB Disinfectant (Ecco lab)
*Fabrics are usually supplied with cleaning instructions that are not easy to manage. Please be aware that if there are certain cleaners the supplier does not recommend using, avoid them. Example: Using bleach on a non-bleach cleanable fabric. Alta™ repellency technology will allow you to clean fabric effectively by using steps 1 and 2 and will minimize the risk of using any cleaners.
These instructions should not replace the cleaning instructions accompanying the fabric. Always follow your fabric’s recommended care instructions and use them in conjunction with the above instructions.