Days: Monday – Friday
As an Accountant, you will play a crucial role in managing financial activities and ensuring accurate financial reporting. This position is responsible for performing the day-to-day accounting work for the company. This includes developing, implementing and/or maintaining one or a combination of generally accepted accounting systems. Prepare and analyze financial reports, journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Financial Recordkeeping: Maintain and update financial records, including general ledger entries, accounts payable and receivable, inventory records, and cost allocations.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements. Ensure compliance with accounting standards, regulations, and company policies.
- Auditing and Compliance: Assist with internal and external audits. Ensure compliance with applicable tax laws, financial regulations, and reporting requirements. Support the implementation of internal controls to mitigate financial risks.
- Inventory Management: Collaborate with the supply chain team to monitor inventory levels, track costs, and reconcile discrepancies. Provide input on inventory valuation and conducting periodic physical inventory counts.
- System and Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to enhance financial processes, systems, and reporting tools. Support decision-making and implementation process.
- Other supported area: Budgeting and Forecasting, Financial Analysis, Cost Accounting, Financial Planning and Decision Support
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
- Professional certifications such as CPA or CMA is a plus
- 5+ years of proven experience as an Accountant
- Solid understanding of tax regulations, financial reporting standards (GAAP/IFRS), and internal control procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with accounting software and general ledgers
- Analytical skills with particular attention to detail
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Byron Center, MI 49315: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- GAAP: 5 years (Required)
- CPA or CMA (Preferred)
Work Location: In person